Monday, January 30, 2012

Some Like it Hot - And Spicy!

credit
Who feels like turning up the heat in the kitchen this week?  Be it literally (chiles) or figuratively (warming spices), we're heading into spice territory with Tessa this week.  

You choose your comfort level.  Fresh chile peppers turned into an oil, a sauce, or sauteed into your favorite dish.  Chile powder, cinnamon, anise, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, or turmeric heating up your main course, a loaf of bread, or folded seductively into a sweet dessert.  The possibilities are infinite.

What do you choose?  A dish that'll bring out the beads of sweet on your forehead...or a dish that will melt someone's heart?  Can't wait to see how you spice up the kitchen this week!
credit
Make and post your Some Like it Hot - And Spicy! post by Sunday, February 5th. Don't forget to link your post of the week's with Mr. Linky below, so we can all enjoy your fabulous creation! Remember to leave a comment after, each week that you use Mr. Linky to link your post, just to be sure we don't miss anyone.

Not sure what a permalink is? Check out our Welcome post.

If you missed the January Potluck theme last week, be sure to head on over and see all of the delicious dishes everyone brought!  Don't forget, we're cooking through the recipes of Tessa Kiros right now...so if you've linked up, be sure that you've used/adapted one of her recipes for your post!

I Heart Cooking Clubs *Some Like it Hot-And Spicy!* Participants
1. Natashya - Spicy Chickpea Salad
2. Andrea at Nummy Kitchen -- Fresh Pasta with Piri Piri Pepper Cream Sauce
3. JamieK - Salmon Ceviche with Cilantro, Chili, and Lime
4. Deb in Hawaii--Spicy Tomato Sauce
5. Michelle ~ Spaghetti Aglio, Olio, e Peperoncino
6. Couscous & Consciousness - Chicken, Coconut & Cashew Nut Curry
7. Heather- Aromatic Salt
8. Kim -Very Thin Fries with Sriracha-Garlic Mayo

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

11 comments:

Kim said...

I love that pictures with all the spices. Bring on the heat!!

NKP said...

Mmm, I'm feeling warmer already! Love all the spicy shots!

NKP said...

Spicy Chickpea Salad is up!

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Just got my spicy recipe up, it is a super long post with a couple of Tessa recipes! My first taste of piri piri peppers :)

Jamie K said...

A Ceviche recipe is shared!!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I spiced up the tomato sauce from Apples for Jam and added collard greens for a healthy, tasty pasta dish. ;-)

Michelle B said...

Didn't think I'd make it this week. Posted Pasta w/ garlic & chilies.

Couscous & Consciousness said...

I just linked up Chicken, Coconut & Cashew Nut Curry - a little disappointing, but not beyond redemption.

Heather S-G said...

I made a batch of Sale Aromatico (Aromatic Salt) w/ chiles and raw garlic this week...yuuuummmmm.

Kim said...

I made Tessa's pita bread, kebabs, and spicy feta and it was delicious but my photos did not cooperate SO I made her very thin fries and spiced up her mayo to include some sriracha and garlic. Score!

luckybunny said...

I loved this idea and had hoped to join in, even had my spicy recipe picked out but the dreaded food poisoning got me while dining with friends, first time ever. :( So I've been pretty much out of it. I look forward to next week and will have to see what you guys all made, it all sounds yummy!