Monday, March 4, 2013

March Potluck and a Special Announcement



 We're coming to the end of our time here with Madhur Jaffrey. This is our very last potluck with MJ!  We are in the final stretch here at IHCC, with exactly one month left to cook through all of the Madhur Jaffrey recipes left on our to-do list. With one month left, which recipes are going to make the final cut?  

Please make and post your March Potluck recipe on or before Sunday, March 10th.  Please remember to link your recipe to Linky Tools, below, and to also leave a comment so that we don't miss out on your recipe.

If you are new to IHCC, please check out our Welcome page for additional information.  If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.  

If you missed out on Meat-Free But Flavorful last week, head on over to check out those dishes!

Now, for a special announcement.


 I Heart Cooking Clubs was started nearly four years ago, back in September 2009.  Back then Natashya, Deb, Heather and I were all fairly new bloggers with a new found passion for cooking and blogging.  We had a goal to create a casual and carefree cooking club that allowed for lots of flexibility. Through the years,  I Heart Cooking Clubs has been such a wonderful way to share our love of cooking with all of you and has bought us lots of joy.  During our time we've explored the recipes of Nigella Lawson, Mark Bittman, Giada De Laurentiis, Jamie Oliver, Tessa Kiros, Rick Bayless, and finally Madhur Jaffrey.  Together, with our participants, we've cooked and shared hundreds of recipes and explores many cuisines. We've shared endless success stories and we've also shared in our fair share of failures.  We've learned and we've definitely grown.  However, after much soul searching, we have recently decided that it is time for us to move on as hosts. We want to take this time to thank all of you who have participated along with us over the years.  We couldn't have done it without you!

I Heart Cooking Clubs will be running as normal through the end of March.  Deb and I will continue to share the hosting duties until our last day, Sunday, March 31st.  

If anyone is interested in picking up the hosting duties, please leave a comment below.  (BTW--We think teaming up is always fun and builds wonderful blogging friendships!) We would love to see IHCC continue with new hosts bringing fresh energy and ideas. If not, we will end the club at the end of March after our final week of Madhur Jaffrey.   






This linky list is now closed.

8 comments:

Michelle B said...

The chutney was great!

NKP said...

I have loved the time we have spent together and have learned so much!
Also so happy to have met such great friends through I♥CC.

Deb in Hawaii said...

I changed the Chicken in Butter Sauce to Shrimp in Butter Sauce. Very good with basmati rice. ;-)

kitchen flavours said...

Delicious omelette with fresh green herbs for my weeknight dinner!
Only three weeks left! Sob! Sob!
Thank you for our "weekly meet-up"! You gals did a swell job in organizing this cooking club!
Hugs to all!

Kaye said...

Made a meal with two new dishes, one not too successful, the other something to work on.

This has been so much fun, I'm really sorry to see it go.
Thanks to our hosts for all their work!

Unknown said...

OH! I wish wish wish I had the time to take it over....

Kim said...

Just posted the most delicious meat cubes ever! Absolutely mouthwatering, succulent, little flavorful nuggets. Probably the best MJ recipe so far :) I definitely encourage you all to try them.

Julie E said...

I'd love to know more about hosting responsibilities. I'm not sure if I could do it all by myself, but I'd like to know more to see about keeping this club alive. While Madhur's recipes just weren't really for me, I had the best time cooking with Bayless and would hate to see the club end. I could probably find some other foodie bloggers I know to help host. (fingers crossed)
whitelightsonwednesday@yahoo.com